There are many digital marketing programs that your business can employ to generate more leads and make more sales. We discuss the four marketing programs you need to succeed online: digital advertising, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, and social media marketing.
We would suggest starting with digital advertising for quick wins, as it will bring in leads right from the get-go. Advertising is an essential marketing program because it gets your business in front of potential customers right away. Digital advertising can be done in many places online, such as social media networks, search engines, and display ads on various websites.
Did you know that 50% of people who come to your website from a digital ad are more likely to buy from you than through an organic link? This is why it’s so imperative that businesses invest in digital advertising—some of the platforms we recommend that you advertise on include: Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn. We have also seen Pinterest and Tiktok as worthwhile networks to invest advertising dollars into.
When setting up your digital marketing program, keep the following tips handy:
- Be specific. Instead of targeting every person in the United States, be very intentional with your audience and focus on a region you are most knowledgeable about.
- Keep it conversational. Your ad should sound like someone talking one-on-one with a friend over coffee rather than reading something off a screen. This will make people more likely to click because they feel less pressured.
- Use video ads whenever possible for higher conversion rates. Studies show videos convert at an astounding rate of 7.5 times that of display advertising!
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
In the age of information overload, it’s important to know how to get your website on top of search engine results. Search engine optimization is a marketing program that helps you get more exposure for your business through organic searches, which could mean leads for free.
But it is more than just writing content for your website; it’s the process of improving the visibility of your product or server in organic (non-paid) search results on a search engine, such as Google or Bing. Many people don’t know that there are many things you can do to optimize your site for search engines.
As you start your search engine optimization journey, these helpful tips will get you started on the right path:
- Research what keywords your target audience is using when they search for products and services like yours and create meaningful content around this for your potential customers.
- Optimize the existing content of your site with these keywords in mind to help searchers find you.
- Make sure that, as a business owner, you are keeping up on SEO best practices such as keyword density – typically around three percent or less! You don’t want too many repeat words because it can look spammy to Google’s algorithm.
- Ensure that your website has a great user experience, loads fast, and helps your potential customer find what they are looking for with ease. Google’s recent algorithm changes will place a heavy emphasis on user experience.
- Remember: it takes time and effort to make an impactful website that will rank well on searches through organic methods. Typically one year of consistent SEO activities will yield great results.
We can’t emphasize enough the importance of search engine optimization – it has helped many companies generate leads through organic searches on Google or other engines. So if you’re looking for a marketing strategy that is not only easy but also effective, SEO might be what your business needs to get more exposure in today’s data-rich environment!
CONVERSION RATE OPTIMIZATION
In the past, marketing campaigns centered on one approach. But today, businesses need to focus their attention on all ways of connecting with customers and prospects and ultimately increasing the rate of conversions. Conversion rates can be improved by making incremental changes like changing headlines or adding video.
But conversion rate optimization is not just about incremental changes. It’s also about testing, i.e., making big changes to a marketing campaign and measuring the difference in conversions achieved before and after those changes were made. We recommend not changing too much at one time and track the changes to see how it affects your conversion rate.
Creating an effective CRO strategy can take time, but it is worth it for your business when you see how much more efficient things become once all of the bugs are ironed out!
Some things you can do to improve conversion rates on your website are:
- Testing an alternate headline for a page or blog post.
- Changing the placement of specific keywords in text and titles that you use on your site.
- Adding videos to change up the content presentation (if it’s appropriate). We recommend using video as part of any landing page, whether it be homepage, product pages, or other pages where relevant.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Social media marketing is a popular, effective way for businesses to market their products. The internet has changed how we communicate, play, work, learn and live. And the revolution has only just begun! With more than 3.96 billion people online worldwide – there are many potential customers for your business. Social media is a great way to connect with these people – but Social media marketing is a dynamic process that requires constant attention, and it’s no easy feat. It starts with defining your goals for the campaign, then deciding on which platforms to use and how to execute them effectively. Once you create content that resonates with your target audience, you have to make sure they’re engaging with it from start to finish! From there, measure your success through analytics and adjust accordingly.
When you are implementing your social media marketing program, keep these takeaways close:
- The key to successful social media marketing campaigns starts with the type of content you post; make sure it aligns with what your followers want to see from you in their feed.
- Keep in mind that not every piece of content will be widely shared or liked
- Some posts won’t work out! This doesn’t mean they were unsuccessful, though: keep trying new things until you find something worth sharing.
Implementing these four programs will help you get more service or product in front of the right people, increase leads, and ultimately revenue!
THE NEXT STEPS
You are now ready to implement the marketing routines our digital marketing agency recommends for business growth. But before you get started:
- determine your objectives
- hone in on your target audience
- create compelling content (and advertising)
- ensure your website is conversion-friendly